This is a collection of perspectives about the NIU Business Experience.
check out these stories from current students, CEOs, and business professionals, and See what they say is uncommon about niu business and its brand promise: “where the classroom meets the Business world.”
Crowdfunding & Paying it Forward
- An idea with heart … the Dreamworks Scholarship (October-November 2013). NIU Business students Mason Bush, Jake Eggert, Tyler Gancarz and Gabriella Lopez created the Dreamworks Scholarship to help financially needy students. Scholarships helped them become NIU Business students and motivated them to “pay it forward.”
Hall of Fame
- NIU Finance junior places 5th in worldwide Bloomberg business aptitude test, Americas Region (September 2014)
Magazine Development & Content Strategy
- NIU student project aims to help veterans, K-9s (April 2014)
Mentoring & Lessons Learned
- Do AWESOME Stuff … Live a BOLD Life (a profile of NIU Business student Zach Fiegel, May 2014)
- CEOs and executives mentor NIU management students (December 2013)
NIU Business Research Rookies
- Rachel Lapidus’s blog: Life of a Researcher (2014-2015)
- Jesse Laseman’s blog: Jesse Laseman Research Rookies (2014-2015)
- Lauren Anglin’s blog: Lauren Anglin NIU Research Rookie (2014-2015)
- Zharfan Irawan’s blog: Muhammad Zharfan Irawan (2013-2014)
Social Ventures & Event Creation
- Student-created Social Impact Summit inspires change (April 2014)
- Addressing the world’s problems one business at a time (Spring 2013) by Mark Schwartz, CEO of Product Development Technologies, Inc., who shares his experience working with NIU students in the college’s Social Venture Competition. Product Development Technologies, Inc. (PDT) is a global, full-service product development firm with over 125 employees in eight offices worldwide. PDT’s award winning product designs have been recognized by BusinessWeek, as well as the Industrial Designers Society of America, Design Journal, The Consumer Electronics Association, Inc. Magazine, Chicago Athenaeum of Architecture & Design, and Parametric Technologies Corporation.
- On being Unreasonable … a CAUSE to live into (May 2013) by Michelle De Jean (Marketing alumnus and MIS alumnus), Director of Marketing Communications for the NIU College of Business. Ms. De Jean shares the amazing impact a group of NIU students can make when they rally together around a compelling idea: to make a genuine difference in the world.