Want to be heard? Join the conversation!
Jacob Ferguson graduated from NIU Business in May 2015, after Living the Dream here and also serving as the college’s Social Media Wizard and Marketing intern during his senior year. Before he graduated, Jacob helped find his successor, who will be introduced with great excitement sometime this summer before the Fall semester begins. Meanwhile, the Social Media Wizard’s sidekick is NIU’s inhouse lead Michelle De Jean, Director of Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to send your ideas in the comments section of the blog or in an email! Be sure your email subject line says ‘Guest Post – Student Voices.’ If what you want to share as a NIU Business student fits the general parameters, we’ll gladly post your guest entry. Ideally, Student Voices will feature one guest blogger every week.
Topics may include academics, friends, campus life, campus experiences, professional experiences…things like that. Oh! And sports! Like the baseball, hockey or basketball game you went to the other day.
- Topics should be about your experiences as a NIU Business student
- Be authentic and have fun!
- Proofread please (we won’t edit or correct your work)
- The sky’s the limit! The body of the post can be as long or as short as you like. All you have to do is write about what you feel passionate about. But the title of the post needs to be 34 characters or less
- Of course, no hate speech, flaming, inappropriate language or topic
- Include first name (last name optional)
- Photo of yourself/photo within the blog content
- Twitter handle
- The url to your blog (if you have one) for possible listing on our blogroll
- The url to your LinkedIn account (if you have one) because we’re happy to help promote you!
We won’t edit your submissions, but we do reserve the right to not post every submission. The main way for posts to not be published is if the writing parameters aren’t met. Otherwise, we’re very easy going!