With Thanksgiving Break coming quickly and finals week right around the corner all of us here at the Northern Illinois University College of Business thought it would be wise to provide all of you with some study tips for final exams. Don’t fear because we are about to present you with 10 basic keys to success.
1) Always prepare for tomorrow in an effort to make the most efficient use of your time.
2) Create study groups! Technology has made it extremely easy to do this at anytime from anywhere.
3) Establish a routine by setting aside specific time for school work and focus.
4) Find a quiet space where you can separate yourself from distractions.
5) Have a backup plan. Be sure to save that final paper on an external drive in addition to your computer in case things go wrong.
6) Maintain a master calendar to stay on top of assignments and not fall behind.
7) Stay organized by using folders both on your computer and for any printed materials as well.
8) Stay positive and remember why earning your degree is worth all the hard work.
9) Take a break and come back refocused.
10) Use checklists to ensure you are completing assignments on time and feel the satisfaction of checking each assignment from the list.
For additional academic support resources which range from tutoring and assistance services to academic opportunities and programs check out the link below or contact the Office of Student Academic Success.
For more study tips that we have shared on this blog check out the links below.